mardi 12 juin 2012

The unbearable lightness of being


Bonsoir bonsoir !!!


This is my first literary post in english (I did one in french the first month of my blog). But it’s far from being the last one !!!
I love to read since I’m a child, I absolutely devour every book I find … I have a preference for classical books from authors often died a long time ago ! However I also try to find some time to read the books that won literary prizes like the Goncourt or the Renaudot.

My favourite author is Dostoievski, I hope I will be able one day to read his books in russian ! I also love Oscar Wilde, and of course a lot of french author (Zola, Balzac, Maupassant, Victor Hugo, Camus, …).


The book I’ve just finished is "The unbearable lightness of being" , from the Czech author Milan Kundera.
It’s a wonderful book, one of those that make you think about the world around us, how it works, how the human feelings work … I love books that help you to understand better the human being, and thus to know you better by doing an introspection.
It’s the kind of book you can’t read all at one, who need to stop and take time to think about what you’ve just been reading very often ! So it’s a little bit longer to read than an usual book but it worths it I promise !!

If you want you can find a summary and a lot of interesting analysis on this website :


Happy reading !


PS : I’ve just started to read Dracula, the original book from Bram Stocker. It’s enthralling even if I have some difficulties with the old english vocabulary.

2 commentaires:

  1. You reminded me of my sister =) She love to read too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Love reading too. dostoevsky kinda makes me mad... but Tolstoy writes his books like a soap opera. Will definitly be on the look out for this book

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.de

    RépondreSupprimer